Summer is here. That means more fun activities outside! According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are many ways to stay healthy while enjoying the great outdoors:
- Apply sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher. Don’t forget your lips!
- Use insect repellant.
- Never swim alone. Obey posted signs and lifeguard instructions.
- Wear a helmet while biking, skating, or climbing.
- When setting out on a hike or camping trip, tell people where you’re going and when you’ll be back. Always bring a first-aid kit and gear for inclement weather.
- Bring a cell phone and map to unfamiliar areas, and stay aware of your surroundings. Know how you’ll get home safely and let people know where you’re headed.