- Whole-wheat bun
- 1.5 oz. Halloumi cheese
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 8 spinach leaves
- ½ sweet bell pepper, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. light hummus
- Prepare bun by slicing and toasting if desired.
- Spread 1 Tbsp. light hummus on each side.
- Lightly brush each side of the halloumi with olive oil. Cook halloumi in a pan over medium heat, about 2-3 minutes per side. It is done when it is lightly browned on each side.
- Meanwhile, sauté pepper slices. They should still be crispy, cooked 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place spinach leaves on one side of the bun. Add halloumi and peppers. Sprinkle with desired garnishes and/or spices. Put both sides of bun together and enjoy!
–Jordan J., Lasell College