Here are five reasons your body loves physical activity—whether dancing, swimming, playing a sport, walking, biking, or visiting the gym:
- Regular exercise can act as a cognitive enhancer, promoting creativity.
- The National Institutes of Health report that simply moving contributes to a faster metabolism and longer life expectancy, regardless of weight.
- Moderate to vigorous exercise supports muscle, bone, and ligament strength.
- Strength training helps prevent lower back and neck pain.
- Exercise releases endorphins, hormones that increase positive feelings and reduce stress.