Career Services is moving May 7, 2018!
The new location is Nell Dossett Hall, 3rd Floor
ETSU Career Resources Checklist
Prepare for your future . . . starting now
University Career Services
Nell Dossett Hall, 3rd Floor, 2nd floor ARC Offices
[email protected] (423) 439-4450
- Learn about yourself by getting involved with fellow students, clubs and organizations
- Focus on making the best grades you can in all of your classes.
- Explore majors and careers with University Career Services
- Read What Can I Do With is Major?
- Begin to identify the clusters of courses that best t your abilities, interests and values.
- Review Occupational Outlook Handbook online.
- Conduct informational interviews to explore careers.
- Volunteer in areas related to your career interest.
- Start thinking about internship options in majors that interest you.
- If still undecided about your major take the Solving the Puzzle of Life course.
- Register on College Central Network for timely employer information.
- Attend campus career programs and workshops.
- Go to career fairs and gather information on jobs that interest you.
- Test career options through part-time jobs or volunteer work or job shadowing.
- Learn about internship options in your major.
- Increase involvement in extracurricular activities and seek leadership roles.
- Join an on-campus pre-professional organization.
- Write a professional resume and have it edited.
- Continue to explore the resources available at the UCS or the CBAT Career Services.
- Schedule a career services appointment with one of the offices above.
- Secure a career-related internship, co-op or summer job.
- Research potential employers and graduate schools.
- Learn about interviews and practice interviewing skills.
- If you have decided to pursue a graduate degree, apply to graduate schools.
- Actively plan your transition to work or graduate school.
- Participate in practice interviews and learn e ective networking practices.
- Create an account and upload your resume to College Central Network.
- Develop Linkedin profile.
- Explore online job search engines.
- Apply early for positions in your selected eld. Create a job search organizer to track potential jobs.
- Schedule job interviews.