- 2 c. pitted dates
- 1/2 c. dried and unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 c. raw walnuts (or other nuts and seeds)
- 1/4 c. cacao powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until the ingredients are incorporated and the consistency is grainy. If the mixture is not sticky enough, add more dates. If it is too mushy, add more nuts.
- Pour the mixture into a pan or dish and press down. Cut into bars.
- Alternatively, you can roll the mixture into small, bite-sized balls.
-Karlene G., University of Alabama