Versatile Pasta Salad
- 2 c. uncooked fusilli pasta
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp. low-fat or fat-free cream cheese
- ½ c. tomato sauce
- Bring 4 c. of water to a boil and add the pasta. The pasta should take about 7-9 mins. to cook. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Bring a large pan to medium heat on the stove. Add the carrot and zucchini slices. Let cook for a minute, flip, and cook for another minute. Add the pepper and celery. Let all vegetables cook, flipping occasionally. When the vegetables are almost soft, add the diced tomato. Turn the heat to low. Add the cream cheese and tomato sauce. Stir until the cheese is completely melted and all the ingredients are blended. Pour the sauce and vegetable mix over the pasta and mix it together. The salad can be served warm or cold.
-Franklynn, University of Windsor